At “Shopping Tour Toronto”, we recognize that earning and retaining your trust is one of the most important things we do as a business. Protecting your privacy is a responsibility we take very seriously.
1. Who We Are
“Shopping Tour Toronto” (doing business as both “Shopping Tour Toronto” and “Rina’s Boutique LTD” and referred to in these terms as “Shopping Tour Toronto”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is a Delaware corporation, with offices located at 248 Steeles Ave West, unit2-3, Thornhill, Ontario, L4J 1A1 Canada. “Shopping Tour Toronto” operates a service that enables users to research, find, and book experiences in Toronto, Canada. “Shopping Tour Toronto” is our flagship website, where we make available our complete services directly to consumers.
2. Collection of your personal data
In the course of our business, we collect and process personal data in different ways. We may collect personal data you give us directly but we also collect data by logging how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. The personal data we collect about you may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, postal address, phone number, billing information, survey responses, reservation details and other information you may provide about yourself to our site, your IP address and web browser software. You can choose not to provide personal data to us, but in general some personal data about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from “Shopping Tour Toronto” and to enjoy benefits of being a registered member. We receive and store any personal data you enter on our websites or give us in any other way, including your contributions. For example, in order to purchase products or services, it is necessary for you to disclose personal data, including your name, address (partial or whole), email address, phone number, credit card details and other personally identifying information. If you do not provide personal data when purchasing our services, we cannot confirm your purchase or facilitate your booking. In some instances we may also ask for travel documentation, such as passports, demographic data, including your country of residence, gender, age, travel habits, etc.
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- With your consent.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
4. With whom we share your personal data
We may store the contributions and submissions you make to “Shopping Tour Toronto” , including but not limited to your reviews, photos, public profile and ratings (your “Content”), publicly display your Content on our websites and Applications, display it to other users and use it for promotional purposes. Note that if you include personal data in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
- Social Media Services If you connect to “Shopping Tour Toronto” using Facebook, we may show you reviews, photos and tours that your Facebook friends have posted, shared, saved or purchased on “Shopping Tour Toronto”. Note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using “Shopping Tour Toronto”, they may also share personal data about you with us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent that sharing, please review your Facebook privacy settings. You can also choose to access third-party social media websites and services through “Shopping Tour Toronto” (such as Facebook and Twitter). When you do so, you are sharing personal data with those sites, and the personal data you share is governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
We may also share or disclose personal data if we believe, at our sole discretion, this to be necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
5. How long will we retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure or your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
6. Cookies and other web technologies
We collection personal data via cookies and similar technologies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard disk, for record-keeping purposes.
You will also find more information about cookies in general, including how to see what cookies are installed on your (mobile) device and how to manage and delete them on www.allaboutcookies.org and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
7. Your rights
You can check, supplement and update the information you have provided to us, or you can choose to close your account at any time, in each case by contacting us at shoppingtourtoronto.ca. If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate it, and delete your profile information and your reviews from view. We will send you an email to confirm your request. Remember that once your account is closed, you will no longer be able to login, access your personal information. You can however, open a new account at any time.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time.
We may offer members the option to save information related to method and choice of payment on our websites. If you save such payment details on “Shopping Tour Toronto”, you will be able to add, delete, or modify that information at any time in your account settings.
In accordance with applicable law, you may also have the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability and the right to object. Please find below more details and information on how and when you may be able to exercise your rights. Where such rights exist, we will respond to your request within one month, but have the right to extend this period with two months.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your data if they are inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed them; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and requests restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. You may requests us to receive the personal data that concern you. You may also request us to send this personal data to a third party, where feasible. You only have this right if it regards personal data you have provided to us, the processing is based on consent or necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is done by automated means.
You can exercise your rights by filing a request by e-mail to email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
8. How we protect your personal data
At “Shopping Tour Toronto” we seek to maintain the integrity and security of your personal data. We have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organizational measures to protect the personal data you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
We seek to store your personal data in secure operating environments that are not accessible to the general public, and to have security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data by our employees or third parties.
However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the personal data you provide to us will be secure at all times. “Shopping Tour Toronto” will rely on you telling us if you experience any unusual events that may indicate a breach in your information security. We will then seek to investigate whether this was related to the data transmissions from or to “Shopping Tour Toronto” and let you know what steps can be taken and have been taken to help rectify the problem.
10. How you can contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
Our full details are:
Privacy Officer Shopping Tour Toronto
Rina’s Boutique LTD
248 Steeles Ave West, unit2-3,
L4J 1A1 Canada.